Ealing Council is increasing Council Tax by 5.99% which is the maximum it can increase it by without a referendum. The core Council Tax will increse by 2.99% and on top it is passing on the government’s 3% social care levy.The statement on its website says that because of ongoing cuts to government funding it will have £143 million less by 2021 than it did in 2010. Its priority is to safeguard services for the borough’s most vulnerable residents such as home care for older and disabled residents, support for homeless people, dementia services, children with disabilities and protecting children from abuse. The full statement is here.
Register / Login to contribute to the Forum
- Parks and green spaces volunteering workshop March 13, 2018
- Closure plans for Ealing Hospital come to light February 25, 2018
- Public meeting about plans for Gurnell Leisure Centre re-development February 21, 2018
- Council tax to increase by 5.99% from April February 21, 2018
- Ealing Save Our NHS February 20, 2018