Ealing Council is increasing Council Tax by 5.99% which is the maximum it can increase it by without a referendum. The core Council Tax will increse by 2.99% and on top it is passing on the government’s 3% social care levy.The statement on its website says that because of ongoing cuts to government funding it will have £143 million less by 2021 than it did in 2010. Its priority is to safeguard services for the borough’s most vulnerable residents such as home care for older and disabled residents, support for homeless people, dementia services, children with disabilities and protecting children from abuse. The full statement is here.
Register / Login to contribute to the Forum
- Public meeting on future of West Ealing Library – Wednesday 27th March 4.30pm March 18, 2019
- Council approves demolition of Woolworth’s and its art-deco facade February 21, 2019
- Ealing Music and Film Festival 13-17 February February 6, 2019
- What future for West Ealing Library? February 3, 2019
- The Welshore Community Hub: A vital lifeline based in West Ealing January 27, 2019