Ealing Council is increasing Council Tax by 5.99% which is the maximum it can increase it by without a referendum. The core Council Tax will increse by 2.99% and on top it is passing on the government’s 3% social care levy.The statement on its website says that because of ongoing cuts to government funding it will have £143 million less by 2021 than it did in 2010. Its priority is to safeguard services for the borough’s most vulnerable residents such as home care for older and disabled residents, support for homeless people, dementia services, children with disabilities and protecting children from abuse. The full statement is here.
Register / Login to contribute to the Forum
- High Court overturns Ealing Council’s decision to sell Southall Town Hall July 27, 2018
- St James Church in West Ealing to close down July 19, 2018
- The latest news from Ealing Matters on building development plans across the borough July 9, 2018
- NatWest bank site in West Ealing up for sale for £1m June 27, 2018
- Brand new St John’s Primary School opens today June 19, 2018