Ealing Council is increasing Council Tax by 5.99% which is the maximum it can increase it by without a referendum. The core Council Tax will increse by 2.99% and on top it is passing on the government’s 3% social care levy.The statement on its website says that because of ongoing cuts to government funding it will have £143 million less by 2021 than it did in 2010. Its priority is to safeguard services for the borough’s most vulnerable residents such as home care for older and disabled residents, support for homeless people, dementia services, children with disabilities and protecting children from abuse. The full statement is here.
Register / Login to contribute to the Forum
- Now a 26-storey tower planned next to West Ealing Station June 5, 2019
- West Ealing hotel up for sale May 28, 2019
- 25 storey tower proposed opposite West Ealing station May 28, 2019
- Public meeting about saving Ealing’s libraries Weds 8th May 7pm Town Hall April 30, 2019
- Ealing Matters March 2019 March 30, 2019