Ealing Council is increasing Council Tax by 5.99% which is the maximum it can increase it by without a referendum. The core Council Tax will increse by 2.99% and on top it is passing on the government’s 3% social care levy.The statement on its website says that because of ongoing cuts to government funding it will have £143 million less by 2021 than it did in 2010. Its priority is to safeguard services for the borough’s most vulnerable residents such as home care for older and disabled residents, support for homeless people, dementia services, children with disabilities and protecting children from abuse. The full statement is here.
Register / Login to contribute to the Forum
- 120 flats and 15-storeys high plans for the Woolworth’s site in West Ealing May 18, 2018
- Ealing Matters Newsletter – Issue 1 April 20, 2018
- Find out more about the £8.6million West Ealing Liveable Neighbourhood project April 13, 2018
- Strong local support for plans around new West Ealing Crossrail station March 30, 2018
- West Ealing community hub needs your help to continue March 28, 2018