Ealing Council is increasing Council Tax by 5.99% which is the maximum it can increase it by without a referendum. The core Council Tax will increse by 2.99% and on top it is passing on the government’s 3% social care levy.The statement on its website says that because of ongoing cuts to government funding it will have £143 million less by 2021 than it did in 2010. Its priority is to safeguard services for the borough’s most vulnerable residents such as home care for older and disabled residents, support for homeless people, dementia services, children with disabilities and protecting children from abuse. The full statement is here.
Register / Login to contribute to the Forum
- Ealing Matters Newsletter December 5, 2018
- Micro living in West Ealing: How small is too small? November 26, 2018
- Hidden Gems of West Ealing – jewellery by Alfred Winiecki November 12, 2018
- Aspiring to personal excellence: The West Ealing tuition centre that’s changing lives October 26, 2018
- Mosque needs £2.5million for completion October 24, 2018